September 11, 2008

Are you my Mother?



Our neighbor found a baby squirrel that lost its mother. We offered to take him and try to find someone that could take care of him. We gave him a bath, blow dryed him and kept him warm with a hot water bottle in his bed. We took care of him for about 15 hours and then took him to a "wildlife rehabilitator." She specializes in baby squirrels, rabbits, raccoons, skunks, birds, deer and other small wildlife. She said he was about 6 weeks old. He didn't even have his eyes opened yet!! She told us that we could call and check on him anytime. Kali was sad that we couldn't keep him and wants to go visit him sometime. We were very comfortable leaving "Little Rascal" with her. We know he is in good hands. This was a GREAT science lesson for us! I just hope my kiddos know I love them VERY much to let them bring a squirrel into my house!!!!!!!

No comments: